Sunday, July 09, 2006

Today began as a lazy Saturday morning. I was lounging around in my PJ's playing on the computer when the phone rang at 9:40 a.m. It was my friend Connie. She called to let me know she and her daugher were bringing Shawny (the red stud puppy from Rosie's Feb litter) over here for his new guardian family. She said they were due to arrive at my house in 20 minutes. Aahhhhh! Oops, how time does stip by. I hurried and got ready and prepared the guardian contract for them. I let all the dogs and pups outside for a bit to potty then brought them back inside. When the family showed up I had them go around to the back yard. It was just much easier that way. At least that way there was no worry of Rick waking up and wondering outside in his boxers. Anyway, the new guardian mom was so excited. She was practically jumping up and down and doing flips. It did my heart good. I knew Shawny was going to be wanted and loved. I knew this is not someone who was just merely willing to take him. What I thought was odd was how stoic their children were. They looked about as excited as children showing up for a Tupperware party. Ah, but then the mom let me know they have no clue why they were there. What fun. I let them see Duchess' puppies, then I let out Mera's puppies so they could play with them for a bit. By then Connie and Shawy were there. Shawny is one big boy. He is so pretty. He is retaining his red color so far. I can't wait until he has his health testing done. He already has jobs lined up. So, Connie and Jennifer, the new guardian mom, talked about Shawny again so hopefully the transition will be smooth and easy. Shawny's new name might be Tucker. Yeah, that is better. Right before they left, Jen (the mom) asked the kids if they liked him (Shawyn/Tucker). They nodded "yes" about as enthusiastically as if someone asked them if they like school. Then the mom asked them if they thought they should take Shawny/Tucker home with them and keep him. Oh their reaction was so precious! Their eyes got huge and they went from being polite but bored kids at a Tupperware party to kids getting their very own puppy.
Connie and her daughter were fine turning over Shawny/Tucker to his new family. Connie bred Goldendoodles for a minute so they can handle turning over puppies. It makes it easy seeing how excited the new families are. It also makes it easy knowing they are getting another puppy. They are going to take and train the little stud puppy we are keeping from Duchess' litter.

I mowed the back yard and Rick did the trimming. Why is it that we got it all looking good after a bunch of families have been here?

We went to Home Depot to get some cement mix and stuff to put down under the fence, privacy weave to put in the fence, a new trimmer, and other stuff. We ended up just getting light bulbs and air fresheners. After going there we went to a pet supply store so I could look for a toy pig with nipples. Those are all the latest rage on the doodle forum where I hang out. I feel so left out so I had to go get them. They didn't have any at this store. The people at the forum say WalMart has them, but there was no way I was going to there. I hate the Noblesville WalMart on Saturdays. It is always as packed as Christmas time shopping. I hate that. So, I ended up getting a different doggie toy at the pet supply store. I thought how cool it would be if I could start a new toy craze on the doodle forum. Here are the toys I chose.

As soon as we got home I took these pictues and posted it on the forum. Then I gave the bigger toy to Mera and Kori. The toys are made with real tires and strong ropes. I thought they would be great. Mera and Kori did seem to have fun with them. I got feed back form the forum right away. It was mixed feedback. One dood just sniffed and ignored the toy. Another chewed through it in a few minutes, another liked it. Honestly, the reason I'm making such a big deal about it now is because this was the only picture I took today and with this new format I need/want to post a picture everyday.

Mera went home this evening. Bummer, I didn't do a good job untraining her. She didn't mess in the house, counter cruise, or trash can dive. She did bark at Crazy Neighbor for about 90 seconds. Crazy Neighbor had just enough time to go in her house and grab her camera and was walking out her door with it with Mera stopped barking and walked away. How impolite of Mera. I told her to smile for the camera, but she just ignored me and went in the house. It was interesting that Mera only barked at Crazy Neighbor. When Crazy Neighbor was gone and her son and grandson were outside messing with something near our fence, Mera ignored them and didn't bark at all.

I put postie notes up this evening. I'm so afraid I'm going to forget to take the puppy to the airport tomorrow. Doc, one of Mera's puppies goes home tomorrow.

No comments: