Monday, July 24, 2006

The house seems so empty now. Maryann, Lovey, and Duchess all went home today. Guess I better start at the beginning.

I got up bright and early and cleaned the puppy area, did some laundry, did the dishes, and bathed all the puppies. Just as I had the last puppy in the bathtub, Duchess' guardian mom called to ask if she could come get Duchess now and take her home. Of course I said "no" because it was too early. After I hung up and was bathing the last puppy I got to thinking. Really it isn't too early for her to go home. She is trying to wean the puppies. She is too skinny and it would be best for her to go home now. Velvet and Kori can finish up this litter. They can play with and discipline the pups. I called her back and made arrangements for her to come get Duchess this afternoon.

The family coming to see Maryann wanted to come see her before deciding if they were going to take her or not. I just knew they were going to get her. How did I know? Here were my clues: 1) Their children have been wanting a puppy for a long time 2) Last evening they emailed asking what form of payment I accept 3) They were planning on bringing their children to see the puppy 4) Maryann does not have a 5th arm growing out of her back 5) I'm not a puppy mill. I was right. They wanted her and took her home with them. They emailed when they got home and said her new name is Layla.

Duchess' mom and aunt came to pick her up. They stayed awhile to play with the puppies. They ended up deciding to take Lovey and guardian her too. That is only on a trial basis.

Wow, the house is so empty now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.